Friday, November 12, 2010

Glittereyez

  As I've mentioned before, glitter, sparkles, and shimmer never fail to remind me of the holiday season, and more specifically, holiday beauty!  I often use this time of year to try out vampy new trends that just wouldn't seem appropriate in the middle of July.  Last year, I was absolutely loving the Heritage Rouge pigment from MAC.  Mixed with bronze shadow and paired with an LBD, it was a daring, but classic look.
  My look-du-jour this time around is all over glitter.  This look is definitely bold, but has an ethereal quality as well - like a dark angel.  Now, when applying glitter all over, you run the risk of looking like Ke$ha, or a pre-teen, neither of which are appealing.  However, in the December issue of Flare, they profiled a beautiful take on this look....


Flare Dec. 2010

  Gorgeous!  I purchased the product that they used - Annabelle Glitterama Liquid Eyeliner in Plutonium - to achieve a similar result.  It's super easy to apply all over the lid because its liquid, not to mention it is extremely long lasting.  Pair with a little bit of eyeliner, loads of mascara, and keep the rest of your face neutral for a beautiful take on holiday glamour.

2 comments:

  1. Tried this out on Saturday night - very easy to apply, and can tailor the amount of sparkle by simply adding more layers. However, must apply with entire eyelid closed, and allow it to dry this way, so if you can, have someone else apply for you to simplify things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this and tried it out for my work party! SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete